Parents can do a lot to help their kids prevent type 2 diabetes.
Set a new normal as a family.
Healthy changes become habits more easily when everyone does them together.
Here are some tips for Mealtime Makeover:
1. Drink more water and fewer sugary drinks.
2. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
3. Make favorite foods healthier.
4. Get kids involved in making healthier meals.
5. Eat slowly—it takes at least 20 minutes to start feeling full.
6. Eat at the dinner table only, not in front of the TV or computer.
7. Shop for food together.
8. Shop on a full stomach so you’re not tempted to buy unhealthy food.
9. Teach your kids to read food labels to understand which foods are healthiest.
10. Have meals together as a family as often as you can.
11. Don’t put serving dishes on the table.
12. Serve small portions; let kids ask for seconds.
13. Reward kids with praise instead of food.
Follow these mealtime makeover tips and see the healthy changes within you and your kids.
Follow us :
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/therefreshed
Twitter – https://twitter.com/refresh62182588
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/refreshedhe
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/refreshedh0
Blog page – https://therefreshedhealth.com/preventing-obesity-and-type-2-diabetes-in-kids-13-tips-for-mealtime-makeover/
Disclaimer: The materials and the information contained on Refreshed Health channel are provided for general and educational purposes only and do not constitute any legal, medical, or other professional advice on any subject matter. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers if you have or suspect that you have a medical problem.